Use & Care
We recommend you to follow the under mentioned instructions to get the most out of your ‘Black Diamond Premium’ products for many years to come:
FOR POTS AND PANS
- Do not cut anything directly in the pan, as it will scratch the non-stick coating.
- Use your product on a medium flame. Cooking on a high flame does not result in drastic reduction of cooking time but reduces the life of the non-stick coating.
- Do not immediately immerse a hot utensil in cold water as the base might get warped or the induction plate might get loose because of thermal shock.
- Wash a pan only when it has cooled down to room temperature.
- Wash a non-stick pan with a sponge or nylon scrubber only. Use of any scrubbers containing abrasives (like those used for cleaning stainless steel utensils) is a big no.
- Use a plastic or wooden spoon for your product. You may use a SS spoon for metal spoon friendly coating but you must ensure that it is blunt and not sharp objects like fork/ knife or metal whisks.
- Do not let the flame reach the walls of the utensils. Kindly use a small sized pot on a small burner.
- Wash your pan thoroughly for the first time with a sponge/ nylon scrubber and a mild detergent followed by seasoning it well with cooking oil before use.
- Do not put an empty pot on flame or alternatively do not allow the liquid contents of the pan to dry out.
- Do not keep acidic foods for long after cooking in the utensils. Kindly shift the contents to other storage containers.
- Wash your product after every usage. Merely wiping off the pan with a cloth or paper napkin is not enough as it does not completely remove the oil build up on the pan.
- Never ever use a metal pan in a microwave oven as it will cause your microwave oven to short circuit.
FOR PRESSURE COOKERS
- Use of non genuine spare parts like safety valves, whistles, rubber gaskets etc might lead to your cooker not functioning properly or might even cause it to explode. Kindly use genuine spares for ‘Black Diamond Premium’ as use of non-genuine parts will lead to the guarantee being void.
- Replace new safety valve at least once in a year even if the old one is in working condition.
- To ensure the food does not clog the safety valve or whistle of the cooker, we recommend cooking quantity to be 2/3 parts of the total capacity of the cooker.